As we, the eldership and ministry staff, continue to monitor the current COVID situation, we have determined our next step in our in-person services. For more information about “Big Church” please visit our COVID response web page (lcoc-online.org/covid19).
Regarding The Grove, most of our classes will continue to be temporarily suspended until August. As we move closer to August details and plans will be released for you. Beginning July 19, we will reopen our nursery and Seedlings rooms for 2nd service (10:15-close) only.
Who is Welcome in Nursery & Seedlings?
- Healthy children. If your child is presenting any illness symptoms, DO NOT bring them to the nursery. (Please visit our Healthy Kids web page for details, children.lcoc-online.org/healthykids)
- Nursery is for infants through 24 months.
- Seedlings room will open for 2-3 year old children.
Seating in the nursery and Seedlings will be limited and available on a first come first served basis. Details are available below.
When is the Nursery Open?
- July 19 | Nursery & Seedlings, 2nd service (10:15-close)
- July 26 | Nursery & Seedlings, 2nd service (10:15-close)
- Aug 2 | TBD
Because we have experienced a 50% return rate in “Big Church” we anticipate our numbers in The Grove will also be lower than typical. Additionally we a cognizant of our volunteers desires and readiness to return to the classrooms.
With all this in mind, Nursery and Seedlings will be open during SECOND SERVICE ONLY (10:15-close). At this time, we will not offer classes during the first service. Families are always welcome to take their children to “Big Church.”
What Precautions will be Observed?
- Parents MUST be diligent and aware of their child’s overall health. If your child is sick, please do not bring them classrooms in The Grove. Please visit our Healthy Kids web page for expectations and guidelines (children.lcoc-online.org/healthykids)
- All volunteers in Nursery and Seedlings rooms will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the class time.
- Volunteers will continue to clean high contact surfaces, as they have done so in the past.
- Babies and toddlers will NOT be allowed to place toys in their mouths.
- Each child must pack his/her own bottle/sippy cup. Sippy cups MUST have a secure lid to prevent spilling. We will no longer provide cups for those who have forgotten their own.
- Light snacks may be distributed by the volunteers, after proper hand washing. By placing your child in our classrooms you agree to allow your child to participate in snack time.
- Class size will be limited so as to avoid overcrowding
- Nursery maximum seating: 6
- Seedlings maximum seating: 8