Greetings everyone!! I hope you are well! Below are some resources for you to lead your home in family worship tomorrow morning. I’ve included a video with music lyric videos and an intro message for the elementary Sunday School lesson from me. 😊 You will also find a PDF with the Sunday School lesson for both toddlers/preschool and elementary that you can use to lead with your kiddos.
These items are available on Saturday so that you have the opportunity to preview the content before you lead tomorrow morning. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Please feel free to use what works best for you and your family.
Before you go any further, though, I want to thank you, parents and grandparents, for making your child’s spiritual life a priority. As parents, we are called to lead our children on a journey that will afford them all the best opportunities to choose to follow God. Many times we get caught up in trying to give them all the best opportunities for sports, entertainment, friends, and even education. While all these things are good things, they are not the best and most important thing. So, thank you. Thank you for choosing to give your child the best thing, a foundation in Jesus Christ.
Blessings and Grace to Your Family,
219.552.1080 (KidMin Text/Cell Number)
Planning for Sunday
LCOC is encouraging our church family to participate in an online worship service at 10 a.m. on March 22. I suggest that you gather as a family at 9 a.m. to go through the Family Worship and Sunday School activities. Then, release your children to go play while you and your spouse enjoy the live service led by Chuck, John, and Matt. Again, do what works for you and your family. The video from Chuck, John, and Matt is child appropriate, however, it will probably not hold the attention of young children.
I’m going to jump on a Google video chat if, with your permission and guidance, your kiddos want to say good morning before you all begin. I’ll open it up at 8:45 a.m., Sunday, March 22. Here is the link.
Again, I encourage you to preview the materials below so you know what is included before you lead your family.
- Preschool/Toddler Sunday School Material
- Elementary Sunday School Material
- Family Worship Video Download
- Family Worship Vimeo Link
- Spiritual Disciplines (& Prizes) Completion Form
- Children’s Church Meet and Greet*
- Online giving
*parental supervision required.
Please continue to encourage your child to complete his or her Jesus Time and memorize Scripture. These are such valuable tools for your child’s Spiritual formation. Use this form to submit your child’s progress for him or her to earn prizes. Your child is encouraged to:
- Start his/her Jesus Time (complete 1-4 days)
- Finish his/her Jesus Time (complete all 5 days, ideally, one activity per day)
- Memorize the weekly Core 52 verse
- Bring his/her Bible to church (including Family Worship at home)
- Give an offering to God (this can be mailed to the church office, or added to an online giving from the family)
- Invite and bring a new friend to church (you may have to get creative with this one. Can you invite a new friend to participate in our at home Family Worship? Did they attend? What did they think?)